I have known for a while that I was going to use Java to develop a game to enter this years 7DRL contest. The last time I tried using Java to compete in such a contest was disastrous. I did not know how to do any graphics. That puts a cramp in your game development abilities. This time I was going to be prepared for a strong showing. Therefore I started working on a gaming engine well in advance. You could call it a framework.
I figured I could just use a toy app to develop, mature, and test my framework. That worked out pretty well. I got some good code written and tested. The problem was that the framework became highly coupled with my sample application. Now that I am trying to make use of the framework for the real thing, I find myself ripping out the example code to get at just the engine.
Note to self: create an API that is truly separate from any demos. That way I will be ready for reuse. I guess I need to put that to the test early as well. I should have created a second sample app that tried to use the framework. The issues would have been clear from the beginning.
Setting up Wallet Using Orapki - I have a stored procedure that is using utl_http to retrieve the contents of a web page. Basically I am doing web scraping for information. I have previou...
4 days ago