Java Enterprise Edition 6

I read an article on the good things coming in Java EE version 6. There is a new API for REST. There is a web profile, meaning you can use a scaled down version of the previously bloated enterprise edition. In the tools department, there is a new version of NetBeans being released.

Enterprise Java Beans has been updated. Things have gotten much simpler with it. The beans are "light". Complexities such as requirements for frameworks are gone. This is in line with the scaled down profile version of the Java EE.

Right now I am still concentrating on learning Java Standard Edition. Some Java friends keep asking me whether I am up to speed on Java EE. It might be time to start learning it. Looks like I will have access to a new updated version, which is actually simpler than previous ones.