I am using JDBC to access an Oracle database using a Java program. To get up and running quick, I grabbed some code off the web. After importing java.sql.*, the thing compiled fine. However when I ran my program, I got some exceptions.
The first exception was that the class "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" was not found. Ooops. Then I found out that this class had been deprecated. Fine. I replaced it with "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver". That also generated an exception. There was also exceptions when I tried to make a database connection. The were due to there not being a driver. I figured that I needed to solve the root problem before proceeding.
There were a number of web pages that said I needed the JDBC driver installed on my system. I grabbed the "ojdbc14.jar" file and stuck it in a number of lib folders on my machine. No luck. I thought it might be due to the fact that I had a later version of the JRE and JDK. Turns out I needed the jar file in my classpath. Once I did that, the program worked fine. Now I am inserting a lot of database in my database. Maybe later I will post some code snippets.
Customer Sales Starts With Respect - I sold my old car recently. After turning in the license plates, I called my insurance company to cancel the insurance on the car. They said they could al...
3 days ago