Sometimes I need to see how my applet looks in a browser. My browser of choice is Internet Explorer 6. Yes I know this is an ancient version. I tried installing version 8 but had some problems.
My IE6 blocks the applet from running by default on a web page. This is probably related to my security settings, and not my specific browser. I still need to click to "allow blocked content" before the browser will run my applet.
I am starting to see a pattern with applet GUI programming. Create a label, text field, and button. Add them all to the content pane. Then you make sure the applet can get the events from the button. This is all happening in my init() function. It is almost boilerplate code for me now.
Mysterious Double Instance Hampering Performance - I study the existing code base. Confer with a colleague. Then I determine the optimal plan to change the functionality to load only a slice of all the dat...
4 days ago