Game Success

Good news. I successfully created a simple Java game within 7 days. This was in response to a challenge posted on a Usenet news group. You can find a link to the program on the Legend of Angband web site.

The emphasis on my development for this game was to knock out something quick. As a result, I only had two classes. There was the driver program which had my main() method. And then there was a Monster class housed in its own file.

This was a Dungeons and Dragons style two dimensional game. There was no rocket science here. I drew a maze. Then I put some gold in that maze. And I added some monsters. The monsters fight you when you attack them. They follow you if you try to flee. Yeah it does not sound like much. I am still a Java novice and it has been a busy week. Download it and give it a try already.